Problem in SUM total hours without compute the seconds

newphpcoder

Hi..

I notice that I got problem in my code:

SELECT sec_to_time(SUM(time_to_sec(Rendered))) FROM reg_att WHERE EMP_NO = '09300139';

in this query the output is : 103:52:27 // total hours.

but it's wrong it should only be 103:51 //if did not count the seconds.

Now my question is what would be the syntax to correct the result.

I post the sample attendance.

Thank you so much.

18177_.doc

Are you sure your expected result is correct? Bare in mind you have a WHERE statement...

I can't actually see anything wrong with your SQL and it should be doing exactly what you ask it to. I strongly recommend reviewing your where conditions.

I resolve my problem by changing my code for getting the rendered:

when time_to_sec(time(LOGIN)) BETWEEN time_to_sec('10:00:00') AND time_to_sec('10:35:00') AND time_to_sec(time(LOGOUT)) BETWEEN time_to_sec('13:35:00') AND time_to_sec('14:35:00')
AND DATE_FORMAT(LOGIN, '%W') IN ('Monday', 'Tuesday', 'Wednesday', 'Thursday', 'Friday', 'Saturday')
then sec_to_time(CEIL((time_to_sec(concat(substr(LOGOUT, 1,10), ' ' , '04:00:00')) +
(time_to_sec(LOGOUT) - time_to_sec(concat(substr(LOGOUT, 1,10), ' ' , '14:35:00')))) / 60) * 60)

Thank you

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.