how can i get to know whether a email is sent successfully.

sanjay_zed

i am sending bulk email using SMTP . Now i can able to check in my mailbox sent items , whether is email is sent successfully or not.

my query is how can i retreive in my PHP script, whether it is successfully delivered.?????

How many bounced back and note those email id, mark them in database as obsolete so that next time we run the campaign, we don't pick up those emails. ??

Is there a way to figure how many went to SPAM?

i tried to get it done by setting some server settings as safe mode ON. it didnt work. i hope someone has worked on it.

pls help guys....

I'm truly not an expert on this subject, but here's my take anyway:

i am sending bulk email using SMTP . Now i can able to check in my mailbox sent items , whether is email is sent successfully or not.

my query is how can i retreive in my PHP script, whether it is successfully delivered.?????

If you are using a php script to send out those mails, php's mail -function will return true/false based on whether the mail has been accepted for delivery. That's about it. You can try to add headers like:

$headers .= "Errors-To: youremail@mail.com\r\n"
$headers .= "Return-Path: youremail@mail.com\r\n";

which should route the bounced mails to the specified address. It is up to you to figure out how you can parse the bounced mails and get the required info.

Is there a way to figure how many went to SPAM?

That's just not possible. At least I hope it's not. Imagine a world where spammers know how to get past your spam filters.

Just throwing this out there, but there are services that exist whose sole purpose is to ensure mail delivery. Now obviously you can never guarantee 100% that mail will be delivered, but if you have properly configured servers you can be assured the problem is at least not on your end.

If you're sending a very large amount of bulk emails I would recommend you take a look at them. You may run into some problems with bulk emails, it may raise some red flags and make you look like a spammer.

I used to put a 1x1 image that was invisible that called a PHP script that would update the database with the id of the email sent. This does mean that the person receiving the email has to allow images in their emails. But I used to have a full reporting system that said how many people marked it as spam, and the percentage of people that opened it and all sorts.

I used to put a 1x1 image that was invisible that called a PHP script that would update the database with the id of the email sent. This does mean that the person receiving the email has to allow images in their emails. But I used to have a full reporting system that said how many people marked it as spam, and the percentage of people that opened it and all sorts.

Interesting...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.