Advice on developing a new applicaiton

Mufleeh

Hi all,

Firstly, I belie I am asking this question at the correct section of this forum. If not please advice me with regard.

My problem is....

I am in the process of developing a Course Evaluation System for my final year project. System is to be built using PHP + MySQL. Briefly, I must be able to design a form, scan it using an image scanner and upload them to the server using my system for data analysis and reports generation.

I mean this system must have the following functions,

1. Form design

2. Scan forms (using a scanner)

3. Extract data from scanned documents (using some OMR mechanisms)

Leaving report generation things aside, I am wondering how can I use PHP to accomplish these tasks.

I am allowed to use open source applications when ever possible like queXML and queFX that are developed for designing and OMR respectively. As I ran through them I realize the complexity of those applications and hardship of integrating them to mine.

I believe an expert of PHP can advice on this matter...can you please?

Thanks in advance,

Mufleeh

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.