File Upload form, adding more form data

mikes1471

Hey there,

I'm trying to make an image upload form which when a file is uploaded will not overwrite an existing file of the same name.

Ideally i would like the form to take the Email address of the user and prepend the filename with that, so far the file upload code is as far as I've got and now I'm trying to enter the name, age Email address sections I'm producing errors and confusing myself.

I also want it to send me an Email notification with the users information whenever the form has been completed by a visitor.

18427_.php

To ensure filenames are unique you can replace the following:

$img_name = $my_email.'~'.$name;

with

$img_name = md5($name . time());

This will also help keep filenames from being messy (E.g. /images/ThIS Is    my File___--That__________I just UpLOADed.jpg) and compatible across the board.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.