New UK cookie laws

andy_b_1502

Hi everyone,

There is a new law in the UK which everyone has to adhere to, this is to inform user's on websites for the use of cookies.

I now need a simple pop area/box to show the user a little bit of information about this with "yes" and "no" buttons for them to use, making the popup disappear once one button has been selected.

It's just needs to be simple and functional, i'm asking you guys to help me with this as i'm worried about any infringement i may cause by not having this, please help, many thanks!  :confused: 

well, i was just surfing, in fact it was a local aquatics website near me: www.marineaquatics.co.uk, i noticed that a new pop came up, explaining about this new law...

I looked into it and it seems that all websites are required to inform user's, the method is hazy but it does seem that i will get fined if i fail to do this so i'm NOT taking any chances. Therefore as iv'e just seen a pop version of the new law, i'm trying source my own pop up to use..

Currently reading up on a script to copy/paste.

Found this: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57442294-93/what-britons-need-to-know-about-u.k-cookie-law/

Seems you're right... you need explicit permission.

What are you using cookies for?  Why not just use session storage?  Doesn't seem to be any law against that.

Persistent login (with a checkbox) shouldn't be an issue, either, as the user explicitly accepts that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.