Directry help

_simon_

I have coded my website in HTML, CSS and PHP.

I have a navigation menu then a sub headings menu

EXAMPLE:

Navigation menu says:  'BOOKS' once clicked you get a page with a  list of sub headers with book names 'THE MAN IN THE WHITE SUIT' and so on

all parts of my main website is in

dir/my_site/.....

what i want to do is make a directory for the links to put the sub headings in

example

dir/my_site/books/.........

I have put my navigation links in one file so that i can edit them in one file and it changes on all the web pages automatically. i link to the navigation page using the below code on each page.

<?php include("my_site/navigation.php"); ?>

Anyway, when i create a new directory called 'BOOKS' and put the file.php in there i get php errors.  and the only way i can seen to over come the errors is by removing all the php i have used in the file, but then i can not include /dir/my_site/navigation.php in the page because i have removed the php code.

Warning: include(my_site/navigation.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/lampp/htdocs/my_site/books/file.php on line 30

LINE 30 is :    <?php include("my_site/navigation.php"); ?>

and that code works on all other pages apart from the page that is in dir/my_site/books/file.php

and it also does not connect to my CSS page  ether.

all the files in dir/my_site/.... work fine and connect to all other files

but the file in dir/my_site/books/... does not connect to my CSS page or my navigation.php page

Any ideas ??

Cheers

Warning: include(my_site/navigation.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/lampp/htdocs/my_site/books/file.php on line 30

LINE 30 is :    <?php include("my_site/navigation.php"); ?>

LINUX Server

Thank you for the reply

<?php include("my_site/navigation.php"); ?>

that should work for Linux

Did you give the folder correct permissions (chmod 777) I think is what is needed, if apache2 then make sure the user/group is www-data

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.