Inserting variables in a link, so that it works

phpretarded

Hello, this is about ' and this "" and this . the typical characters that I never know how to put in a string so that it works. I have this url string and I have hardcoded the names of the languages, but I need them replaced by a variable $estonia $from $into

echo '<a href="?country=Estonia&from_language=Russian&into_language=Latvian&submitted=true&
page='.$x. '">'.$x.'</a> ';

does anybody know how to embed those variables $ where the name of the country and the languages are ? and another thing. How would you embed in there something like $_GET['country']

So, the questions would be 2. One for the scalar variable $ and the other for the super global $_GET['country']

thanks a lot

A

if I get your question right, you should use something like this to make it simple, and avoiding confusion about single quote and double quote

echo "<a href=\"?country=".$_GET['country']."&from_language=Russian&into_language=Latvian&submitted=true&
page=".$x. "\">".$x."</a>;"

for inserting any special character as text, just use "\CHARACTER" .. e.g. "\$"

IT WORKED!!

Man, you deserve a medal. I had been stuck with this for 2 days, I have been in other forums and people either would mock at my question or would provide half way complicated solutions about http build query functions leaving me stuck in a swamp of mud. And look at your solution, you enclosed the variables in curly brackets and that was it. Now I know forever how to isolate these things.

thank you!!

Thank you, hm, but I copied and pasted the link and it gives me this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting ',' or ';' in C:\xampp\htdocs\translators19.php on line 131

which I did not get before pasting it.

good that ur problem is resolved ..

Nevertheless, I put end semi-colon inside quote ...  stupid typing mistake ..

echo "<a href=\"?country=".$_GET['country']."&from_language=Russian&into_language=Latvian&submitted=true&
page=".$x. "\">".$x."</a>";

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.