Combining Queries

hebie136

I'm new to php and mysql and I'm after a bit of help with php and mysql in that I need to combine 2 queries into 1 or at least I think that is where my problem is.......

I have 2 tables, profiles and sys_acl_levels_members from which I need to pull bits of information from both tables to make one set of results.

Both tables use a field called ID which links them together..... Hope this all makes sense so far......

I am trying to populate bits of information which work fine when only 1 query is run.  If I try to run both, then the last query over rides the first (if that makes any sense)

The first query grabs things like Nickname, Sex, Role and Town, etc...... and works fine on its own.

// Fetch User Data - Nickname, Role, Sex, Town etc......
$sql = "SELECT * FROM Profiles WHERE ID=$strSessionGUID";
$gatherUsers = @mysql_query ($sql) or die('MySQL error: ' . mysql_error() . '<br>Query: ' . $sql);
while($users=mysql_fetch_array($gatherUsers))

With this second query I need to pull some membership information.

//Fetch Membership Data 
$sqlmembs = "SELECT IDLevel FROM sys_acl_levels_members WHERE IDMember=$strSessionGUID";
$gathermembers = @mysql_query ($sqlmembs) or die('MySQL error: ' . mysql_error() . '<br>Query: ' . $sqlmembs);
while($membs=mysql_fetch_array($gathermembers))

Both work find on their own but not together, so I am thinking if I can combine them it may work.....

Anyone help shine some light on things.....

Many thanks

Mark

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.