Ideas to create a page on the fly form member

TecTao

I want tomembers or copy a pre formatted web page to a directory that is created when a customer clicks a button from their log log in area,

When they click this button for a one page web page it would create a directory on the fly with the name being their account number such as GA3353.  So a site www.abc.com would create a sub directory of www.abc.com/GA3353

Creating a sub directory on the fly is not the real problem, it is copying a index.php page with queries that will call each members info when the web page is entered.

The idea is that the member could give out the URL www.abc.com/Ga3353 as an example.

Thanks

Looking forward to any thoughts or suggestions.

You're doing it 'wrong.' Have a single file that takes the user's ID as an input variable. Use this ID to generate the content specific to that user.

If you want it to 'look like' the user has his own folder, check out 'mod_rewrite'

I think that would be fine if the viewer were clicking a button that carried the ID to the page, but the idea is for the user to put in the web address with only the primary URL and then the ID, and not have to add in GET coding.

Maybe I'm missing something then if the page were to use only ID.

I think that would be fine if the viewer were clicking a button that carried the ID to the page, but the idea is for the user to put in the web address with only the primary URL and then the ID, and not have to add in GET coding.

Maybe I'm missing something then if the page were to use only ID.

You don't need to ADD in $_GET coding for each of the pages. You write the page one time with the appropriate code to grab the code from the URL. Then that ONE PAGE page works for ALL users/codes. No need to create directories, copy files, etc.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.