checking other friends' wall posts

dannyb785

I'm making a social network site and I want the newsfeed page to have  wall posts that 1) I've made to friends, 2) that friends have made to me, and 3) that friends have made to other friends.

I have code for #1 and #2, but I don't know how to do #3. I feel like the only way is to have an entry for every possible friend combination where if:

user1 is friends with user2, user3, user4, and user5 that I'd have to check for wall posts where: (wall_user=user2 AND wall_poster=user3) OR (wall_user=user3 AND wall_poster=user2) OR (wall_user=user2 AND wall_poster=user4) OR (wall_user=user4 AND wall_poster=user2) and so on down the line of every possible combination

Is there an easier way?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.