Content type with multiple content types

jmr3460

Hello Drupalers,

I have been learning Drupal for a couple of months now. I am at a point where I can transfer most of my sites to Drupal sites. I have a couple of sites where the content type or content are as follows.

Group Name

location 1

meeting 1

format

meeting 2

format

location 2

Meeting 1

format

meeting 2

format

Basically a group cold have  more that one location and each location could have more than one meeting.

My question is how do I set up the content type? Not real sure weather I create three content types and relate those content types to each other or create one content type with content types inside of the group content if that is event possible.

Thanks for any and all direction.

Ok I see that more people are using Wordpress by the title of your topics. Anyone out there use Drupal at all. I have researched a little on my topic and have found a Module called Organics Groups which I believe is where I need to go with this topic. So my thought is to create a group Regional member which everyone is a member of. Within that group create a group called Area Member which members can choose which they want to be a member of. Then last create a Group Member type of which are grouped in the area membership as a sub-group if you will. So in theory if a member joins a sub-group Group they are automatically joined to the area and regional group type.  :P So now that all that is out, it would seem a bit of a conflict if group member is created before a group is created. I don't know the process. So my question would be, what is suggested process? Member then group, or group before membership. I am still researching, so the answer is inevitable.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.