Unlink from a choice

richard_PHP

Hello,

I'm wanting to create a script which deletes an image from both a database and off the directory. I understand that the code needed to remove from the directory is UNLINK, I'm having trouble finding how to put it into my code.

As follows:

<?php
				$conn = mysql_pconnect("#####", "###", "####");
				mysql_select_db("###", $conn);
				$choice = $_POST[choice];
				mysql_query("DELETE FROM ## WHERE id='$choice'");
				echo "<p>Image has been deleted.</p>";
				echo "<p>Click <a href='adminphotos.php'>here</a> to delete another.</p>";
			?>

So our user has selected with a radio button which image they would like to delete and this page processes that. At the moment the above code removes from the database.

Thanks in advance!

In the previous page I have pulled the information from the database (id and imgurl) for use in this process. The above code uses the id number as choice and removes where they match. Could I just have the unlink as follows:

$imgurl = $_POST[imgurl];

unlink($url);

Cheers.

In the previous page I have pulled the information from the database (id and imgurl) for use in this process. The above code uses the id number as choice and removes where they match. Could I just have the unlink as follows:

$imgurl = $_POST[imgurl];

unlink($url);

Cheers.

yes mate as long as the $_POST['imgurl is the full path to the file if not then you must put

unlink("/path/to/files/".$imgurl);

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.