Read more... option

There are multiple ways to do this.

• Link to another page with full article
  • Load entire article, truncate the data to a small blurb, and have the rest of the data in a seperate, non-visible div. Use javascript to make it visible when needed.
  • Get truncated data, use AJAX to retrieve full data when wanted.

thanks for reply...

I dont have any code right now, what i wanted is If some one add some blog with blog title n blog info.

I want to display some text of updated blog on home page with "read more" link

In that case, you would just query the data from your database and echo it out like anything else.  Check out the function mysql_query, and using the returned data.  That's assuming you're using mysql of course, else use the alternative.

from the PHP manual:

Suggested alternatives

Use of this extension is discouraged. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include:

mysqli_query()

PDO::query()

complementary reads:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/mysqlinfo.api.choosing.php

and

http://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.databases.php#faq.databases.mysql.deprecated

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.