custom php.ini causing issues with sessions

Hi,

I have a user login/user management script which is hosted by the client with the clients hosting company.

I needed allow_url_fopen to be locally set to "On" so the hosting company basically said "we use suPHP"

So now we have a custom local php.ini file with the correct setting. Now the issue is that each time you login using the above mentioned user management script it just kicks you right out again because it's not recognising the sessions on the server.

Back and fro with the hosting company - they say "suPHP works with our other domains - it's your script".

I'm saying the issue is the save.session_path and told that hosts engineer that I would have a final check on the web with some experts to make sure it's not a script issue.

Now the basic crux of the scripts it as such:

//check if user exists and check details

$data = check_data($password,$username);

if($data['okay'] == true){
      $_SESSION['userid'] = $data['userid'];

//etc etc
}

I've simplified the longer script but essentially there is nothing fancy going on. Is their anything with the script that could possibly be causing this issue? From my understanding my script should not be interacting directly with the php.ini files (hosting company told my client that the script wasn't reading the php.ini  - the script is borken/not compatible with their servers)

Keep in mind it works fine until we use the local php.ini and other clients and their hosts have it working fine after having a similar issue. My other client tells me "I moved the sessions back to home directory and all was fine" (paraphrased).

Just need some confirmation with some experts if I could.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.