receiving form data in email with no valid email address

priyankabhar

Hello all,

I am in great confusion. I have a form in my contact us page where I validate email address before sending the form data. Form data is sent after the user hits submit button. When I type "1" for email address and hit the submit button, I get message telling "not valid email address" and the message is not sent. But I keep getting emails from the contact us page from someone with name = "1" and email address = "1".

I use following to compose message.

$name = $_REQUEST['userName'];
        $email = $_REQUEST['userEmail'] ;
        $message = $name . "<p>" . $email . "</p>" . "<p>" . $_REQUEST['userMessage'] . "</p>"   ;

I use following to validate email address.

var x=document.getElementById("userEmail").value;
    var atpos=x.indexOf("@");
    var dotpos=x.lastIndexOf(".");
    if (atpos<1 || dotpos<atpos+2 || dotpos+2>=x.length)
    {
        alert("Not a valid e-mail address");
        return false;
    }

The code should be working correctly because when I test, it works fine. However, I am still getting blank emails from anonymous persons through the contact us page, and the email address the person uses is "1".

Please shed some light on it.

Thanks a lot,

Priyanka

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.