recursive search multi-dimentional array

gammaman

I am trying to search a multi-dimentional array to see if it contains one or more values within another array.

Here is the array I am trying to search.  It is a from a function which returns an array of the meta data found in a specified website

Array
(
    [title] => Video Games, Wikis, Cheats, Walkthroughs, Reviews, News & Videos - IGN
    [metaTags] => Array
        (
            [description] => Array
                (
                    [html] => <meta name="description" content="IGN is your site for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC, 3DS, PS Vita & iPhone games with expert reviews, news, previews, trailers, cheat codes, wiki guides & walkthroughs" />
                    [value] => IGN is your site for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC, 3DS, PS Vita & iPhone games with expert reviews, news, previews, trailers, cheat codes, wiki guides & walkthroughs
                )

[robots] => Array
                (
                    [html] => <meta name="robots" content="noodp, noydir" />
                    [value] => noodp, noydir
                )

[copyright] => Array
                (
                    [html] => <meta name="copyright" content="IGN Entertainment, Inc." />
                    [value] => IGN Entertainment, Inc.
                )

)

)

Here is the function I am trying to use to do the search

function recursive_array_search($needle,$haystack) {
    foreach($haystack as $key=>$value) {
        $current_key=$key;
        if($needle===$value OR (is_array($value) && recursive_array_search($needle,$value) !== false)) {

return true;
        }
    }
    return false;
}

Finally, here is the call to get the array of meta data, the array of search items to look for and the function call to the recursive_array_search

$link = getBaseURL();

$metadata = getUrlData($link);   // this function returns the array of all the meta-data

$needle = array("PC","abc");

if(recursive_array_search($needle,$metadata) == true){
	echo "VIOLATION";
}

I want this to return true b/c at least one of the items in the search items array is found within the array of meta-data.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.