MS SQL procedure call from PHP

nightleech

Hello,

I need help calling MS SQL procedure from PHP. I'v readed manuals on internet but still doesnt understand how to solve my problem. My chief gave me the MS SQl procedure and wanted that i wrote PHP script that outputs some info. Here is SQL procedure:

USE [Database_name]

GO

DECLARE @return_value int

EXEC @return_value = [dbo].[cards]

@item = N'Items_code_05115'

SELECT 'Return Value' = return_value

GO

Now, how to execute this procedure and get values from database? I am completly noob at MS SQL procedure execution from php. Please help me to get on the right way.

That link doesnt help very much .. So maybe there is a book like working with php and mssql or odbc?

And one more question. After executing my php scrip i get an error: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]

Must declare the scalar variable "@return_value". . So how i could declare that scalar variable?

Well, you have to execute each line in your OP in it's own query.

Your error is saying you're trying to use @return_value without declaring it.

Can we see the code you've made so far? Executing a procedure is just like executing a query, only generally a lot more simple.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.