Page displays ok thru 1 link, not thru other - same code?

golfeus

I'd be most grateful if anyone could shed any light on the following issue:

Short Description: When you navigate to a particular page via route 1, all info called from the database shows perfectly, but, when you navigate to what is ostensibly the same page (same lines of php producing the display) via route 2, nothing shows?

Read More... : I have a Joomla site which includes a real estate component that I have modified a little, mostly re-styling & re-labeling, but a little bit of gentle code changes & re-arranges. Because I have no knowledge of php most of my changes involve careful copying/cutting and pasting of existing code, and some commenting out of unnecessary extraneous html e.g. table entries my site does not need (I have a decent grasp of html).

So, if you visit http://www.stuandstu.co.za/verano/ and click on 'Agent' then 'view all properties', you see a property shortlist as it should look.

Then, if you visit http://www.stuandstu.co.za/verano/ and click on 'To Let' then 'view all properties', you see a property shortlist with none of the property details.

The two property shortlists are the same bit of code, but evidently, I'm missing something.

I've attached what I believe are the most relevant files. The relevant code starts at around line 2140 of realestatemanager.html.php

Any thoughts much appreciated, my last hurdle before delivery of this site!

Thanks.

18699_.zip

18700_.zip

I'm not sure but your problem might be the function below or the SQL query within it, although what you are trying to do may seem similar, the function viewUserHouses($option) and showCategory( $catid, $printItem) a completely different to each other...

function showCategory( $catid, $printItem )
{

}

Hope this helps...

Thank you so much!  :D

I searched the folder containing the component for

function showCategory
and somewhere just below found...

$query = "SELECT h.id, h.hits,h.hlocation, h.htitle, hc.idcat AS catid, h.fk_rentid, h.price, h.priceunit, h.year,h.link, h.image_link, h.listing_type

which became

$query = "SELECT h.id, h.hits,h.hlocation, h.htitle, hc.idcat AS catid, h.fk_rentid, h.price, h.priceunit, h.year,h.link, h.image_link, h.listing_type, h.bedrooms, h.bathrooms, h.broker, h.lot_size, h.description

and job done

I am eternally grateful.

May you walk through the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.