Where to Start

SalientAnimal

:confused::wtf::confused:

Hi All,

So I know best practice is to list your codethat you are using and then get guidance from there, however right now, I don't even know where to start, so I can't even begin to write my code

I would like some guidance on where it would be best to start. I have a set of data, extracted from a MySQL database into Excel. This data then needs to be randomly assigned to 5 different users based on their ranking.

So as an example I have 100 records all ranked as:

15 Bronze,

50 Silver,

20 Gold,

15 Platinum.

The users are ranked 1 - 5. However you could have two users equally ranked.

So lets assume:

User 1 = Rank 1

User 2 = Rank 2

User 3 = Rank 2

User 4 = Rank 4

User 5 = Rank 5

All the users need to be assigned the same amount of records (20), but User 1 needs to have more Platinum records assigned to them than any of the other users. User 5 needs to have more Bronze records assigned to them than the other users.

So can anyone suggest a way of doing this?

Can I do it with a SQL query?

OR

Would it be easier to do it with a marco?

Thanks

:confused::wtf::confused:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.