SEO static pages vs dynamic.

NiTx

Hi guys,

I'm currently developing a phone specifications website. Building such a website requires a ton of data entry and I really want to figure out the most productive way to approach this site without reducing my search engine optimization.

So these are the questions I have.

1- Will static pages be more easy going on my server?

2- Will static pages always have a SEO advantage even if its a small advantage?

3- Is URL rewriting the key to making sure a dynamic webpages get the best SEO?

4- Is www.gsmarena.com using static pages? It looks like they are I just wanted to double check.

5- If I was to make static webpages, is there a way to create an entirely new page using a form. EXAMPLE: an admin adds the new Samsung Galaxy S3  specs using a form, php then creates a new page in my server called sams_galxy_s3.php  with the specs loaded in it. (I've tried to Google this one)

Again, I have done research on most of these questions but I've had a lot of mix answers (mainly around the SEO business). So please try answer my questions and if you have some tips it would be greatly appreciated!

1 - Static pages use less resources on the web site, but that doesn't make them better.

2 - Search Engines can't tell if the page is Static or Dynamic. All they can tell is if the page is updated regularly. Since Dynamic pages can be set to automatically update, they are actually better for SEO. Use Dynamic pages to do the work for you.

3 - In some cases URL rewriting can help your SEO. You'll have to research this to decide exactly what you want.

4 - They are most definitely using Dynamic Pages.

5 - Yes it can be done, but it will be just as much work (or possibly more) than just creating the pages Dynamic in the first place.

SEO is constantly changing. Google is getting so that it will penalize you if try to cheat your rating. Links from other web sites can help your rating, but links from 'Link Farms' will kill you. Your best bet is to make a legitimate web site that people want to visit and link.

5- If I was to make static webpages, is there a way to create an entirely new page using a form. EXAMPLE: an admin adds the new Samsung Galaxy S3  specs using a form, php then creates a new page in my server called sams_galxy_s3.php  with the specs loaded in it. (I've tried to Google this one)

Sure, you could. But, I think you should take a look at caching, then you can have the best of both worlds.

However, static or dynamic has no effect on SEO.

1 - Static pages use less resources on the web site, but that doesn't make them better....

Thanks for your reply! Really helpful so thank you very much! It's good to know that as long as you make a site that's actually worth visiting (dynamic or static) it will not go unnoticed. Again, thanks! :-)

Sure, you could. But, I think you should take a look at caching, then you can have the best of both worlds....

Great advice, just did some research on this now and it's exactly what I need. I had no idea this was even an option so thanks a bunch! :-)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.