My google philosophy!

steelmanronald06

If you guys ever think about competing with Google, there are people out there who do, read this first.  I wrote this to someone who was attempting this very thing, and I am quite proud of how i drew it out like a pretty picture  ;D

[quote]

Google has its fingers in every website...even if it is just in the websites host. think of it like this. the web is a huge city. each website represents a shack, house, office, etc. depending on size. each building of this city has a link (cable) coming off of it, and connecting to a build. Some buildings have more, depending on how many buildings their connected to. but that doesn't link the entire web. Some buildings have cables to three other buildings, and that is it. you have four buildings cabled together, and connected to nothing else. What keeps these alive, and communicating? Google. Beneath this city is a network of wires, like a big spider web. As these network of wires run below the buildings, a wire will branch off to connect to that building. Thus, all the buildings become connected through google
Back before google we had msn and yahoo, fighting neck and neck. to accomplish this very task. it worked, but you had two networks of webs running beneath the city instead of one. sometiems they would get tangled, and in their fight to go for only the most popluar and biggest buildings, the little ones would be cast aside for later pickup
so the web depends on google to keep it connected. without google it would fall back to MSN and Yahoo, the next two leading search engines. These two would destroy the web as we know it, because we would not be able to fall back to the way things used to be. We developed new systems that depend on the google network formation
admittingly some of the buildings are still connected to msn or yahoo, google has developed a means to ensure that those buildings get support by connecting to msn and yahoo. though they compete with google, the only way for them to reach those msn only or yahoo only is through the chainfire effect, which means connect to one and you, in essence, connect to all that is connected to that one.

[/quote]

It is a bit messy. That came straight from the chat convo. ::)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.