Strange phpMyAdmin errors with MySQL

alexv305

Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration.

I keep getting this error when I try to access phpMyAdmin. Funny thing is I had it all working fine then I re-installed some programs and updated apache and I cant get it to work. I tried everything including removing the ";" from the extensions in the php.ini file.

Someone get this problem before?

I use Xampp for my development. I get that error every time when i update to a newer version. I also have no idea what the hell causes it.

The only way i manage to get it working is by uninstalling any related Xampp programs (itself) and delete all files it leaves behind (making copies of anything i really need to keep) because it always leaves the mysql folders untouched for some reason. Then re-install then BANG works fine.

Not the most technical solution! :P But hey it seems to work! ;)

See the output of the phpinfo() function. When php is to be compiled with mysql support, we need to specify the path where mysql is installed by using the --with-mysql option in the configure command. Check whether this is there in the output received from phpinfo(). Also, if it is installed then there should a a separate section for mysql.

Funny thing everyone. I was following the thread below and I did everything they did and I was unable to get phpMyAdmin to work. So I decided to go my own way and copied the extensions into the system32 folder. Then I removed the ";" from the ";extension=php_mysql.dll" string. I then restarted apache and whola! It works like a charm...

http://forums.apress.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1874&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=11&o=&fpart=1

Thanks for the help anyways. If someone gets this same error I know how to fix it and you can email me or something.

:)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.