Same page form validation using multiple forms...

frshjb373

So I'm building a web application that I am currently only using jQuery/Javascript to validate data. I'd like to add some server-side PHP validation in addition to the client-side jQuery, but I'm not so clear on how to achieve this with my current setup...

Here's my setup:

I have a Form A (a dropdown, a series of checkboxes, and set of radio buttons). Upon submit, this information is used to generate a price quote on Form B. On Form B, I use the information from Form A and some new fields that are used to generate a shipping label (First Name, Last Name, Street, City, State, Zip Code, Email, Phone Number, Radio Buttons, and Terms and Conditions Check Box). I then use all this info on Form B to generate that shipping label in a process script which also sends confirmation email too. (which I'll call "Page 3").

So now, I basically have three pages. What I'd like to do is make the Dropdown and Radio Buttons Required on Form A required before the user can get to Form B and then validate some of this data before the user can get to the process form. I see a lot of tutorials that use same page validation by either processing the form on the same page or to a server, but in my case I want to use this information on following pages. Is there some way to check data on the same page and if the data passes then process to a following page? Any advice, resources, or help is much appreciated! I am happy to share the code if you some working solutions.

Thanks in advance!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.