I Want To Grab 10 Rows And Order By Top 10?

Stalingrad

Hi! I have some PHP and MySQL code here. I am trying to set up this table displaying users scores. I want to grab from a table in a sepecific row and order the row by the top to bottom, but only the TOP 10. Like for example, lets say I wanted only 3 for this example to keep it simple. (even though I wnat 10, thisexample will keep things simple and not waste any time)... I have a table called "user".

Row Name:

id name score

1 julie 100

2 sam 80

3 james 35

I want to grab both the username AND the score, and order by the score, larger score to bottom. Just like I showed.

Here is my code:

if($table == "Avatar") {
$avq = "SELECT avatarcount FROM users";
echo "Top Scores<br><br>";
}

I appreciate any help! Thank you!

Oh wait, it's ordering them by the first number, not the whole number... I'm getting this:

How do I fix this one? Thanks. :s

Ah, I got it. It seems I didn't have the row set as "INT" in my database, it was set as "VARCHAR". Thank you for the help. It works fine now. ^^

Edited by Stalingrad

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.