Include File Makes Page Go White

harryrodd

Hello, Im just starting off and reading through Php&Mysql From Novice to Ninja and ive come into trouble. I am trying to use the INCLUDE command for the database login info,the db.inc.php file, and when I take away the login and replace with the include 'db.inc.php'; file, it freezes, just goes white. When I mess with the login details, i can get my error so I know its working.

Running a Mac Pro,dual dual core processors, osx 10,6.8, firefox 16.0.2,

have tried on safairi and chrome as well.

Any thoughts please?

Also, when i use the header(Location: .) to return to a page it works grand, but when I add the exit(); , its goes white?

Im just starting off

Then, you need to set php's error_reporting to E_ALL (or even better a -1) and display_errors to ON in your master php.ini on your development system to get php to help you by reporting and displaying all the errors it detects. Stop and start your web server to get any changes made to the master php.ini to take effect and use a .php script with a phpinfo statement in it to confirm that the two settings actually got changed in case the php.ini that php is using isn't the one that you changed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.