Php Connect Stomp, Activemq

Signalman

Ok, I am new to this forum, and also new to php, so apologies in advance if I have posted this in the wrong forum, or of it has been answered previously (although I did search prior to posting).

The setup I have is running windows xp, using activemq, STOMP and php.

I have installed activemq , and started it running, this would appear to be confirmed by the fact that I can see it in Internet explorer.

I have downloaded STOMP and as I am unsure how to insert a link to a library in the php code, I have put everything in the one directory (editing the STOMP files where they specify a sub directory).

When i run the sample php code, it does not have the desired effect, but generates the following in the IE screen :-

connect(); // send a message to the queue $con->send("/queue/test", "test"); echo "Sent message with body 'test'\n"; // subscribe to the queue $con->subscribe("/queue/test"); // receive a message from the queue $msg = $con->readFrame(); // do what you want with the message if ( $msg != null) { echo "Received message with body '$msg->body'\n"; // mark the message as received in the queue $con->ack($msg); } else { echo "Failed to receive a message\n"; } // disconnect $con->disconnect(); ?>

I have tried numerous things to get this to work, without success. I am sure it is something simple, once you know.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

The tag is <? As copied from the example. The complete code is below :-

<?

// include a library

require_once("Stomp.php");

// make a connection

$con = new Stomp("tcp://localhost:61613");

// connect

$con->connect();

// send a message to the queue

$con->send("/queue/test", "test");

echo "Sent message with body 'test'\n";

// subscribe to the queue

$con->subscribe("/queue/test");

// receive a message from the queue

$msg = $con->readFrame();

// do what you want with the message

if ( $msg != null) {

echo "Received message with body '$msg->body'\n";

// mark the message as received in the queue

$con->ack($msg);

} else {

echo "Failed to receive a message\n";

}

// disconnect

$con->disconnect();

?>

I have tried a 'hello world' programme and that seems to work ok, however that did have the tag of <?php at the start. From your question, I am guessing that there is a difference ?

Thanks very much, I have changed the tag to include php and whilst the code is not totally working, it is being processed as I would expect. I can now continue getting the code to run, now it is at least being processed.

I guess I have shown that I am very new to Php.

Thanks for your assistance with something as basic as this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.