Don't know why this isn't working...

dpiearcy

I use this all the time and even in a few other places at the same site. This one is a sub folder but that shouldn't make a difference I wouldn't think. Simple uploading an image. I'm just going to post the form, the first part with error check because that's where it stops. My first IF kicks in and tells me I don't have anything selected.

I changed my form to GET and see the name of the file in my URL. I've also changed it back to post and then just sent it to a php that echoed the results and see the name of the image. So it has to be in the temp folder section.

Form:

<form action="pic_upload_parse.php" method="post">
     <input name="uploaded_file" type="file" />
       <input name="submit" type="submit" value="Upload" />
    </form>

PHP parse code:

$fileName = $_FILES["uploaded_file"]["name"]; 
$fileTmpLoc = $_FILES["uploaded_file"]["tmp_name"];
$fileType = $_FILES["uploaded_file"]["type"]; 
$fileSize = $_FILES["uploaded_file"]["size"]; 
$fileErrorMsg = $_FILES["uploaded_file"]["error"]; 
$kaboom = explode(".", $fileName); 
$fileExt = end($kaboom); 
// START PHP Image Upload Error Handling --------------------------------------------------
if (!$fileTmpLoc) {
   echo "ERROR: Please browse for a file before clicking the upload button.";
   exit();

I'll save all the else if's checking size of file and matches for .jpg|.gif etc. since I'm not getting past this first error anyway. For some reason not seeing the file in the temp php.

Have you tried dumping the $_FILES variable to see if it contains anything?

Nope. Had not done that but thought that a good idea. Had nothing. So I looked at my form again and added the

enctype="multipart/form-data"

And then it uploaded correctly. Knew I was forgetting something. One of these days I'm going to just save these little code snippets on my computer so I don't do stupid stuff any longer (or less frequently I should say).

Thanks cpd. Got me seeing nothing there and that helped.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.