PHP form does not work in Chrome on a Mac

djcubez

We've been having problems with one of our clients who claims to not be receiving some of the contact submissions from the form. We don't have any Macs currently in the office, and had other people test it with Macs. They found that the forms weren't being sent when using Google Chrome as the browser in a Macintosh environment.

I, for the life of me, have no idea what's wrong. I assume it's probably an HTML/doctype/charset issue, as PHP is run on the server-side. However, because of the obscurity of the issue (found nothing on Google) I thought I'd post here where a lot of advanced users seem to visit.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks.

Edited by djcubez

Is the HTML of the form page valid? Check it at validator.w3.org

What data is actually submitted to the server side code vs what is supposed to be submitted? What's missing or invalid in the data? What execution path does the form processing code take?

Does the form/form processing page require someone to be logged in and perhaps the session id isn't being propagated by the browser? Is https involved for the form and form processing page?

Beyond that, you would need to post at least the 'view source' of the form page for anyone here to be able to help.

Edited by PFMaBiSmAd

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your response PFMaBiSmAd. I really appreciate it and I apologize I didn't come back here to follow up. We actually ended up dropping the client for other reasons and haven't had any complaints from anyone else.

Thanks.

Edited by djcubez

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.