Lost DB

DrDankWD

Okay, I am not sure if there is anything to help with this but here goes:

I have a new client who has come to me with a website but no databases.  I have all of the PHP files.  So my question is this:

Is there any software that will scan through PHP files and make a list of tables in the DB?

-Martin

That's a pretty complex task.. and very uncommon too.  I think you will have to do it manually.

A good first step would be to extract all the sql statements.  If the statements use things like "select *", then you'll need to look at the following code also.

Yeah it seems like a doosey of a task.  I agree it is a very uncommon request. I will keep looking for a bit before quoting this client for the time to go through all the code, it is a pretty large site (2k files) so I do not think the client will be too happy with the quote.  I imagine it would be easier to rebuild the site and its functions then to search through and rebuild the tables.

Thanks anyway btherl, I appreciate the time you took to respond!

-Martin

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.