Adding focus to a dynamic menu

howard-moore

Hi,

I have put together the following script which creates a dynamic drop-menu (in unordered list which is subsequently styled in CSS). What I am looking to do is find a way to add a focus to show the menu tab in a different colour when that page has been selected.

Currently the below PHP is called on each page of the website. It is done like this to have top-level pages (parent pages) and sub-pages, and is ordered by a page order (both top-level and sub-page). All the pages on the website has a unique field called 'code', and in the past I have used class="there" in the unordered list item when that code has been selected, but I really don't know how I can do it with the below code:

<?php
$result=mysql_query("SELECT id, title, link, parent_code, page_order, menu_title, parent_live, parent_title, page_type, live, FROM PCNET_$filename WHERE type='PAGE' AND live='checked' ORDER BY parent_code, page_order, title");
$menu = array(
   'items' => array(),
   'parents' => array()
);
while ($items = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
{
   $menu['items'][$items['id']] = $items;
   $menu['parents'][$items['parent_code']][] = $items['id'];
}
function buildMenu($parent_code, $menu)
{
  $html = "";
  if (isset($menu['parents'][$parent_code]))
  {
  $html .= "\n";
   foreach ($menu['parents'][$parent_code] as $itemId)
   {
	  if(!isset($menu['parents'][$itemId]))
	  {
		 $html .=  "<li><a href=\"".$menu['items'][$itemId]['link']."?eid=".$menu['items'][$itemId]['id']."\">".$menu['items'][$itemId]['menu_title']."</a></li>";
	  }
   $html .= "\n";
	  if(isset($menu['parents'][$itemId]))
	  {
		 $html .=  "<li><a href=\"".$menu['items'][$itemId]['link']."?eid=".$menu['items'][$itemId]['id']."\">".$menu['items'][$itemId]['menu_title']."</a><ul>";
		 $html .= buildMenu($itemId, $menu);
	  }
   }
   $html .= "</ul></a></li> \n";
  }
  return $html;
}
echo buildMenu(0, $menu);
?>

This is what I have used in the past (when the above menu code was static, and not the new dynamic version) to show when a page has been selected:

<li<?php if ($code == 'local-info') echo ' class="there"'; ?>>

If anyone has any suggestions how I can get the class="there" into the above when you are on a particular page I would really appreciate the feedback - been tearing my hair out over this one for days!

Thanks,

Neil

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.