Need help with php code

clarky0

Hi guys, Before i get into it could i just ask you to visit the site and actually look at what i need done first for a better understanding :)

Visit http://system-login.info/manage

Create an account, make it absolutely anything, it only requires a username and pass, no email etc..

So you get the jist of the site? Upload your personal files, they belong to you.. you can share the link/set passwords for them etc..

Anyway, what i am looking at doing is making this site free for "x" amount of MB lets say 20mb, then i want to start charging for extra storage space. I am not sure how to do this, i am not even sure what .php file it would go into. I am HOPELESS at coding so i really need some help. Thanks guys!

You would have to keep track of the size of each upload of a specific user and the sum of each individual upload for a specific user which would be the total size in bytes. This information would need to be stored either in a database or an object and each time a user attempts to upload another file, compare the total size of their uploads and the free allocated size to decide when to start implementing prices.

I have managed to set the restriction to make it so that they can only upload max file size 5000kb and a maximum storage of 30,000kb But i have to manually do this per user on my admin page but all is well :) as for the paying part i will have to google it :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.