Create image via php - help

N1kol4N1k

Hi guys, i have problem with php. I want to make website which create baner for user when they fill out the form. This is banner (without text and image): http://misterijeforum.com/nik/images/medium.png

I made form also: http://misterijeforum.com/nik/small.html

But i got problems with php script. I'm not php programmer, but i created "something" :D

<?php
header('Content-Type: image/png');

$im = ImageCreateFromPng("images/medium.png"); 

$black = imagecolorallocate($im, 0, 0, 0);
$ime = "$fullname";
$interests = "%interests";
$school = "%school";
$fb = "%facebook";
$msn = "%msn";
$mail = "%mail";
$start_x = 1;
$start_y = 1;
Imagettftext($im, 12, 0, $start_x, $start_y, $black, 'verdana.ttf', $ime);

Imagepng($im);

ImageDestroy($im);

?>

I made just for full name, but i don't know how to storage that new image in folder "images" and show image to user. And is this code good ?

I know that code is bad I just found it on internet and modified it. Can you explain me how to do that or better to give me code. So i want to, when user fill out the form and click on "submit", it generate benner with informations which user write in form and that picture/banner storage in folder "images". Backgroud of banner will be www.misterijeforum.com/nik/images/medium.png . Thank you so much

Edited by N1kol4N1k

OK, I was in a good mood. A quick google search directed me to a tutorial on this very site (http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorial/php-add-text-to-image) which I used to create the following:

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);

//Set values based upon form POST data
$fullname = "Ricardo Montobaln";
$location = "Denver, Colorado";
$school = "School of Hard Knocks";
$facebook = "www.facebook.com/myprofile";
$email = "myname@domain.com";

//Path to image
$imageName = 'images/medium.png';

//Font face and size
$font  = 'verdana.ttf';
$fontSize = 10;
$spacing = 22; //horizontal spacing between lines

//Create image object
$image = ImageCreateFromPng($imageName );

//Pick color for the text
$fontColor = imagecolorallocate($image, 255, 255, 255);

//Set start x & y positions
$x = 75;
$y = 16;

//Add name text
imagettftext($image, $fontSize, 0, $x, $y, $fontColor, $font, $fullname);
//Move y position down and add location text
imagettftext($image, $fontSize, 0, $x, $y+=$spacing, $fontColor, $font, $location);
//Move y position down and add school text
imagettftext($image, $fontSize, 0, $x, $y+=$spacing, $fontColor, $font, $school);
//Move y position down and add facebook text
imagettftext($image, $fontSize, 0, $x, $y+=$spacing, $fontColor, $font, $facebook);
//Move y position down and add email text
imagettftext($image, $fontSize, 0, $x, $y+=$spacing, $fontColor, $font, $email);

header('Content-Type: image/png');

//Output image to the browser
imagepng($image);

//Delete the image resource
imagedestroy($image);

?>

Note: You set the position of the first line using the values for $x and $y. Then the  $spacing variable is used to move down to the next line after you place a line of text. That is done by using "$y+=$spacing" inside the function call for imagettftext(). That will increment $y by the value of $spacing.

EDIT: you may want to think abut reducing the font size. Otherwise values that are a little long will go past the right edge of the black area. Or you could make the image wider.

Edited by Psycho

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.