Big size file upload problem in PHP

sandeept
Go to solution Solved by sandeept,

Hi,

My server has CentOS, Apache and PHP.

I have set all required parameters in php.ini to handle big size file uploads (post_max_size, memory_limit, timeouts etc.)

But, still the script doesn't accept a file more than 5MB. On bigger uploads, it returns error 7 (Unable to write to disk).
I have set 777 permissions on my temporary folder (/opt/php) and during upload, I do see temporary file through my FTP. But, once it reaches 5MB, temporary file disappears and script shows error 7.

I increased timeout value in httpd.conf and set following too,

<Directory "/opt/php">
     LimitRequestBody 10485760</Directory>

But, no success.

Please help.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Would you be able to show us your file upload script? It is possible you have an error in your PHP script. If not, this probably is not the forum to be posting in, as its a server error not a PHP error, but maybe someone here can help you!

Best of Luck

Andrew

• Solution

Hi,

Sorry for late response.

The temporary directory was out of quota. I set a new directory path in php.ini and upload is working fine.
Thanks for your inputs.

Weird part is, I am able to upload big size files through FTP in the directory (/opt/php) which says "Out of quota".

Thanks,
Sandeep

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.