Whats wrong with my code???

amitojduggal

Hello everybody,

The code is driving me nuts from couple of days
i just can't spot whats wrong in that.
i am inserting data in the database, but its not working , please someone verify the code
[code] $linkid=mysql_connect("localhost","root","")or die ('Couldnt Connect To database');
  mysql_select_db("details");
  $query ="INSERT INTO all(name,company_name,designation,response,ph_number,email,review) VALUES('$_POST[textfield3]','$_POST[textfield]','$_POST[textarea]','$_POST[textfield4]','$_POST[textfield5]', '$_POST[q]')";
  $result=mysql_query($query);[/code]
someone please tell me whats wrong in that.
I will be highly thankful

Amitoj

Can you please try the query like this:

$query ="INSERT INTO all(name,company_name,designation,response,ph_number,email,review) VALUES('".$_POST[textfield3]."','".$_POST[textfield]."','".$_POST[textarea]."','".$_POST[textfield4]."','".$_POST[textfield5]."', '".$_POST[q]."');";

Please post the error you get

Well firstly if you are going to define link resource objects you should use them by supplying them as parameters to your subsewuent mySQL functions. Secondly, the 'all' in your query is both incorrect and unnecessary, SQL assumes all unless you qualify your statement somehow with a WHERE.

i don't get any error but the code simply doesn't make data inserted in sql database, i still see 0 records there,
please someone check my code, i really need help.
and please tell me whats the difference between
[code]$query ="INSERT INTO all(name,company_name,designation,response,ph_number,email,review) VALUES('".$_POST[textfield3]."','".$_POST[textfield]."','".$_POST[textarea]."','".$_POST[textfield4]."','".$_POST[textfield5]."', '".$_POST[q]."');";[/code]

and this way

[code]$query ="INSERT INTO all(name,company_name,designation,response,ph_number,email,review) VALUES('$_POST[textfield3]','$_POST[textfield]','$_POST[textarea]','$_POST[textfield4]','$_POST[textfield5]', '$_POST[q]');";[/code]

isn't both same

Need space between all and (
[code]

$query ="INSERT INTO all (name,company_name,designation,response,ph_number,email,review) VALUES('".$_POST[textfield3]."','".$_POST[textfield]."','".$_POST[textarea]."','".$_POST[textfield4]."','".$_POST[textfield5]."', '".$_POST[q]."');";

[/code]

some field names are reserved in MySQL
try to add ` before and after the field name.
like :
[code]
$query ="INSERT INTO all(`name`,company_name,designation,response,ph_number,email,`review`) VALUES('$_POST[textfield3]','$_POST[textfield]','$_POST[textarea]','$_POST[textfield4]','$_POST[textfield5]', '$_POST[q]')";
[/code]
you may have trouble with the filed names (name,review) I said maybe.
Also you should use mysql_real_escape_string to make your script safe.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.