On site user to user payments

birdo

If you are an intermediate programmer, and are not even sure of the logic, this is likely way beyond your skillset.

You will need to find a payment gateway that allows for user to user payments, then integrate the back-end of your system with their API. The specifics will be dependent upon the payment gateway you need. As each payment gateway API will be different, we really cannot give you any help here, since you haven't even got a payment gateway to work with yet.

The only way I'm going to get better is to attempt things I'm unfamiliar with.  Ideally I'd like to work with the paypal api unless there are better suggestions.  I was looking a little bit at their Adaptive Payments system and was wondering if this would be a good choice for this type of user to user payment system.  I may opt for a virtual currency in the end, which would make things a little easier, but I would prefer to leave that as a last resort.  

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.