How to make a row bold

GregF

Hey everyone

Just wondering if any of you can point me in the right direction.

I have created a table that displays the content from a database.

I have also created a form that posts to the database.

On this form I have a checkbox. 

I have set a column in phpmyadmin table to enum '1','0' (feel free to tell me if this is wrong - i'm a newbie)

What I want to do is, if the value is set to one, then the content of the table row <tr> is to be displayed in bold.

I have searched around and tried to piec the code together but am having no luck.

Just wondering if anyone could assist??

Many thaks in advance

G

Add a CSS rule to the <tr> in case it should be bold, like this:

<tr style="font-weight: bold;">

But if you plan to style your stuff more later on, read up on CSS and create classes in .css files instead.

- W

So you have the content from the database... now set a variable that triggers either an inline style or a class. Something like this

//this says if your checkbox is 1 then $boldMe has the style, if it is 0 it has an empty string
$boldMe = $db_data['yourcheckboxfield'] ? " style='font-weight:bold;'" : '';

//then in your td tag
'<td'.$boldMe.'>

Of course this is just a simple example but hopefully you get the idea. You just need to use a variable that checks what the value of the checkbox is and then inserts either a class, a style, or the full style string to bold the text.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.