Best way to create and load external content onto my page?

MrTIMarshall

tornhq.com/InteractiveMapExternal.php=

• Get=
    • MapSelectionInfoCurrent ​- To load the #current information tabs
    • maps-slider - To load the slider maps
  • &Country=
    • World will show all of the countries, any other country entered such as United-States will load the tabs for all of the states or all the images for the slider.

This is a basic URL I would like to be able to generate whereas there will eventually be '&Region', and deeper sorting.

I am not yet completed with the current page of countries for the Earth and the slider has been removed for the time being, but what has been currently made you can view here: https://tornhq.com/WorkingOn/InteractiveMap/implementing.html#Main

Upon clicking a country on the slider (when I refer to this I currently mean the bottom bullet points), it will switch the content under the #Current tab of the #Map-Selection-Info. There'll be a link to be able to focus in on the selected country from, if you clicked on United States;

• tornhq.com/InteractiveMapExternal.php=Get=MapSelectionInfoCurrent&Country=United-States
  • tornhq.com/InteractiveMapExternal.php=Get=maps-slider&Country=United-States

And remove;

• tornhq.com/InteractiveMapExternal.php=Get=MapSelectionInfoCurrent&Country=Earth
  • tornhq.com/InteractiveMapExternal.php=Get=maps-slider&Country=Earth

With the exception of 'Earth' not being a country.

On one of these links will simply be the content needed to be shown on the page, so no styling, just the div's and whatnot. On the page, on first load it will load the default information.

I would like help to firstly know if this is the best way round doing something like this and also setting something up like this as I do not have a clue what to search for. There may well be some good tutorials out there already, however I have no key-words to go by as this is a new thing for me. The only thing I currently know is what the contents will show, although I have not made them all, and that my page which will fetch the data will need to be in php, but I am not sure if this is the best or even a good way other than setting up a database with this information in, of which would be a bit of a nightmare for myself.

Thank you for any time spent in following up my questions and your help and/or advice you provide, I am very grateful!

Best Regards,

Tim

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.