HI - I need some help here ple

bamboooo

Hi,

I have something which i need some advice on how to get about it from great guys here in the phpfreaks forums. We have great people on this forum and i am happy to be a member of this great place.

There is a company that that searches online manaully to book hotels; looking for restaurants , phamacies and many others. What this guys do is each time they have a someone travelling from abroad and they have to book the person a hotel, maybe a doctor or something else ; they will have to go online manually to search on google to get all those infos.

I think this is very straneouse and time consuming. So i came up with an idea that i wish to build an application in PHP that when ever they need a doctor , hotel in any particular country they are in they just need to plug in hotell to the application i want to write and the application should be able to manually search all the possible hotels in that particular region with exact information.

I am an African - West Africa -cameroon . The company is currently operating here in cameroon and most of the clients are from France and Europe.

Please i need some advice on how to get along with this , thanks for your help in advance.

Richard

Sounds like you want to write a spider -- not an easy task. Typically people have used the curl library extension, however, there are now a number of really nice HTTP client libraries like Guzzle you can consider. http://guzzlephp.org/ is worth looking at.

tHANKS FOR THE REPLY

Can i have an insider view on how you think i can go around with this

I don't have anything more to add -- your question is extremely general. My suggestion is that you should read the guzzle php documentation, install it, and write a script that queries one of the sites you mentioned, and try to display the results in a table.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.