Unable to Update Columns in Database

Fallout

Hello.

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, but I am unable to update certain Columns in a Database (May add that it's a Game Database).

A few Columns in the Database are editable, I won't argue with that, but the majority of them simply cannot be changed, and I wish to know if there's a way around that. It's a very, very, annoying issue not being able to change certain data...

I've been using simple queries like;

mysql> SELECT Money FROM database WHERE CharacterID=x;
+---------+
| Money |
| -------- |
| 20000 +
+---------+
mysql> UPDATE database SET Money=2 WHERE CharacterID=X;

No errors to be displayed. However, when I log in to the game next time, I still have 20,000 Coins (Example Value), and when I run the Query again to check how much Coins I have, it does still display 20,000.

I've been told there could be some form of mysql-cache blocking changes to certain columns, but I've never experienced it before and have no clue how to work around it. Could it be some other reason it refuses changes to certain columns, while others work?

Thanks.

Some of that depends on how you have your columns set up  You may have the fields (such as money in this case) set to not be able to be updated.  Also (And this maybe another possibility), have you checked to see if the database itself has updated it?  If this game that you are doing is a browser based game (Which I am assuming it is), cache is the reason why you aren't getting an update.  Empty the cache to see if it fixes it.  If it's a database, run the query again and then check to see if the database updated it.  If it still not updating at that point, then there maybe another problem.  Let me know if this helps, and if it didn't fix it, I'll have to dig deeper into it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.