Setting up a debugger

Hi,

I have over two decades of programming experience using mainly MS tools but I am quite a newbie using Apache/Eclipse/PHP.

On my local computer, I have setup Apache 2.2.22 (32bit) with PHP 5.4.9. I'm playing around with OpenCart and WordPress, both of which run fine locally. I use Eclipse basically as an editor of the PHP files of both these products.

What I want to do now is to be able to put a breakpoint in Eclipse to debug the php code. I've read about zend debugger and xdebug, I'm not exactly sure which one would be the best for what I want to achieve but I decided to try xdebug.

- I downloaded the file PHP 5.4 VC9 TS (32 bit) from here:http://xdebug.org/download.php

- copied it to my php folder (renamed from php_xdebug-2.2.2-5.4-vc9.dll to php_xdebug.dll)

- Added this section to my php.ini

[XDebug]

zend_extension_ts="php_xdebug.dll"
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
xdebug.remote_mode=req
xdebug.idekey=default
xdebug.remote_autostart=1

When I restart my Apache server, there is no error in the log concerning xdebug, but in my phpinfo, I still can't find a mention of xdebug as I read that I'm supposed to find.

Anyone has any idea what I'm missing? I have included my phpinfo output as attachment.

Thanks in advance!

Frank

(p.s. I'm using Eclipse for PHP Developers, Version: 3.0.2)

phpinfo.zip

Edited by franktko

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.