How to pass user name and timestamp in url in wordpress

IADDIC

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have wordpress installed on one domain (iaddicshelters.net) AND I have another non-wordpress application on a second domain (iaddic.info). The first is a self hosted wordpress and the second is a windows server running a particular application.

To execute the application on the non-wordpress domain (iaddic.info) I enter a url like this:

http://iaddic.info/webs/cis/config/Configurator.aspx?cid=c06b50fe-e087-40b0-8434-d763fabd1515&mid=c06b50fe-e087-40b0-8434-d763fabd1515&src=C

The cid= is used as the filename of the result of executing the application and the mid is a specific configuration that is being run. The cid captures the result of running the mid configuration...

That said: I can not just place a link to the url because every user would essentially store the information in the same file (the cid). I want to prepend the cid with the currently logged in user and date and time.

Lets say John Harris (a made up username) is the logged in user and John is about to run the application on the iaddic.info domain; I would like the cid to now read:

http://iaddic.info/webs/cis/config/Configurator.aspx?cid=username-timestamp-c06b50fe-e087-40b0-8434-d763fabd1515&mid=c06b50fe-e087-40b0-8434-d763fabd1515&src=C

Does anyone know how to insert this information into the url so that when John depresses a "launch aplication" button the url will of the cid is prepended? In some regards this could be looked at as a concatenation of the base url the username the timestamp and the cid and mid string.

Doing this will also allow John to copy this url at a later date and retrieve the results of that particular session thatcontains his username and timestamp.

I am really stuck here and your help is most appreciated...thank you

Edited by IADDIC

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.