Header re-direct code for ecommerce platform move

skyllanweb

Hey guys,

This is a hit-and-hope post as I'm not sure if it's possible due to my lack of knowledge with PHP.

I'm re-building an Ecommerce site from Prestashop to Opencart and it has over 1,000 products and over 3,000 pages indexed in Google. Manually redirecting each individual URL in .htaccess for each individual product, category and brand would be implausible so I'm hoping there is a PHP script that can run when someone clicks the indexed old link in Google search? The domain name is not changing, just the platform.

An example of some URL structures that will change are shown below:

/5-mens to /mens

/7-mens-jeans to /mens/mens-jeans

&

/mens-t-shirts/1528-cuckoo-nest-time-lord-t-shirt-in-off-white.html

to

/cuckoo-nest-time-lord-t-shirt-in-off-white.html OR /mens/mens-t-shirts/cuckoo-nest-time-lord-t-shirt-in-off-white.html (different link depending on if you're sharing the link/clicking from featured or related products compared to from the main navigation?)

The Prestashop old site is currently still live whilst I build the new one on a temporary domain.

Can anybody help with this issue?

Kind regards,

Adam

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.