problem with php 5.2.0

hi,

just upgraded to 5.2.0 and last night I was working on getting all my extension to work ,which i managed to do and then i shut-off my machine for the night.

now php isnt working :o

not sure whats wrong, as i followed everything the install said and I didnt edit anything too much.

now just a thought, when i uninstalled the previous version(5.1.5) some of the files were still there, could that be my problem?

thanks.

to update:

php is not 100% not working but for some reason some things arent working at all.

like when i try to do phpinfo, i get a blank screen, some of my scripts act like php doesnt exist.

now i know my scripts can run on this version as it does very well on a host im on.

if you need any further detail let me know.

im using apache 2.0.x

and php 5.2.0 automatically configed apache for me.

when it did it, it used a module to setup php on apache, though im never had success with that for some reason.

now i still had the cgi method setup on there too from the last time and i removed that but still it doesnt work.

and yes i am using <? ?> and enabled the short_tag item.

Whats up with phpMyAdmin? Are you getting the [b]Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration[/b] message?

If you have the mysqli extension enabled you will need to tell phpMyAdmin that, otherwise by default it will use the standard mysql library (php_mysql.dll).

To tell phpMyAdmin to use the mysqli library you'll need to find the configuration file (config.inc.php) in the root of the phpMyAdmin folder and search for this line:
[code=php:0]$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension']    = 'mysql';    // The php MySQL extension to use ('mysql' or 'mysqli')[/code]

Change 'mysql' to 'mysqli'

Save the config file and reload phpMyAdmin. Also the mysqli extension is designed to be used with MySQL4.1.3. or above. If you have MySQL4.1.2 or below then you should use the standard MySQL library (php_mysql.dll)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.