Paypal Checkout help

Samza
Go to solution Solved by mac_gyver,

Hey guys,

I have created a shopping cart system and I am now up to the point of building the checkout script to allow the customer to checkout using paypal.

I have the bqasic paypal script form however I now need to create an array which pulls the data out of the customers shopping cart (which is stored in a DB) and for each product, output in the form of a hidden input form with the fields; item_number_x, item_id_x, item_price_x, item_quantity_x. Where X is the value of each product in the shopping cart.

I am really suck on where to start and could do with some advice.

This is the code that I originally tried however Im not have any luck as I am fairly new to using arrays;

function Paypal_items() {
	//Get the items to submit for paypal
	$cart = new ShoppingCart;
	$cart_id = $cart -> get_cart_id();

$num = 0;
	$cart_sql = mysql_query("SELECT product_id, product_title, product_price FROM shopping_cart WHERE cart_identifier='".mysql_real_escape_string($cart_id)."'");
	$cart_result = mysql_fetch_assoc($cart_sql);

foreach ($cart_result as $name => $value) {
		if ($value != 0) {
			if($name){
				$product_id = $name;
				echo "<br />name: " . $product_id . " : value". $value;
			}
			$sql = mysql_query("SELECT product_id, product_title, product_price FROM shopping_cart WHERE cart_identifier='$cart_id'");
			while ($sql_result = mysql_fetch_assoc($sql)) {
				$num++;
				echo $num;
				echo "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"item_number_\"".$num." value=\"".$product_id."\"";
			}
		} else {
			echo "!= is false<br />";
		}
	}
}

Thanks!

the only thing your code needs to do is run 1 (one) query that gets the content of the cart, then loop over the rows that the query retrieved and produce the output that you want.

your foreach(){} loop makes no sense, it is looping over the first row in the cart and your query inside of the loop makes no sense because you have already queried for the contents of the cart.

the only thing your code needs to do is run 1 (one) query that gets the content of the cart, then loop over the rows that the query retrieved and produce the output that you want.

your foreach(){} loop makes no sense, it is looping over the first row in the cart and your query inside of the loop makes no sense because you have already queried for the contents of the cart.

Thanks for this help, I was following a tutorial previously but it clearly was a bit messed up and didnt need to be that completed for my cart.

Anyway here's what I've got;

function Paypal_items() {
	//Get the items to submit for paypal
	$cart = new ShoppingCart;
	$cart_id = $cart -> get_cart_id();
	// run 1 query to get the customers cart details
	// create a loop over the cart rows to output the fields

$num = 0;
	$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM shopping_cart WHERE cart_identifier='".mysql_real_escape_string($cart_id)."'");
	$result = mysql_fetch_array($sql,0);
	$count = mysql_num_rows($sql);
	$i = 0;
	while($i < $count) {
		$num++;
		$i = $i+1;
		echo "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"item_number_".$num."\" value=\"".$result[product_id]."\" />";
		echo "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"item_name_".$num."\" value=\"".$result[product_title]."\" />";
		echo "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"amount_".$num."\" value=\"".$result[product_price]."\" />";
	}

}

However, one problem I am having this that if there is more than 1 item in the cart, it is repeating the same data from the 1st cart record rather than for each cart item

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.