game design and web design, have you done it?

dannerz

Hi.

I been away from php for a long time. I am an absolute beginner, but I think it's time to learn a few new things.

So, one question is, have any of you people made a game with php, or a website?

The reason why I want to learn php is so I can eventually make a multiplayer game.

my next question would be if any of the people who have done that before would like to talk to me on skype. It could be possibly faster than asking every question in a thread. I know there are tutorials online and such, but I feel the need for a human source.

I guess the question may have sounded retarded to some, but I still stand by it.

Ask your question on the forum so everyone on here can benefit/contribute. Depending on how well your question is formed, you will get more/better feedback then you would from one individual.

I know why you feel a need for a human source (though I want to remind you that we are human too you know, even when our intellectual reasoning may be at an astronomical level).

I do too sometimes want a human source, but I would need $3,000 to spare to hire Martin Fowler for a day :) So, if you still want private consultation I bet a few good programmers on here can give you that at $80+ per hour.

Makes you appreciate the free advice you get on here, doesn't it?

If you have experience in programming, or if you are still learning to program. You'll have plenty of time to get to know the inner workings of programming while you are planning your game, the story, it's characters, the graphics/layout, the mechanics, the items, the factions, .. write it all down, refine, refine, ..

By the time you have a good idea of how your game will work/behave you will be a good programmer by then :)

Edited by ignace

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.