session appears in all browsers

generic79

Hi all,

I'm having this problem.. Sorry that if there is some one already post this top before... But I couldn't found 1 here or any other forum as well.

My problem is this, eg:

I'm using chrome browser to login using session. but when I'm using other browsers like firefox or IE. session appeared as well....

How can I do so that session value stored using 1 browser, other browser will not appear this value.

Thank you very much!

about the only ways this could be occurring are -

1) you are passing the session id (SID) in the url and you copy/pasted the url into the second browser, or

2) your code contains a logical error that is unconditionally setting the session data, so every session gets that data in it.

how do you know (what exactly was the symptom/result) that a different browser gets a session that was started in some other browser and what is your code that reproduces this problem?

Hi mac_gyver,

I noticed something wierd happenned here...

after I stored the session using google chrome browser, at the same time using firefox to recall the session value, it appears.

but at the same time, it doesn't shows when I'm using IE to call the session value.

any reason causes this problem?

Anyone knows any reason causes this happen?

without your code that reproduces this problem, its not really possible to help. you would also need to tell us what session variable in your code you are talking about and what symptom you observed that leads you to believe accessing a page using two different browsers is getting the same session value. also, which of my suggestions in post #2 had something to do with the previous login problem, because your current symptom is likely more of the same type of error in your code.

you need to A) provide feedback on what was causing the previous problem and what you did to correct it and B) all the information you have about what you are even talking about in your last post.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.