mysqli prepared statement select null query problem

benoit1980

Hello,

I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I am trying to return the matching $prefixphone value only if there is a "null" value found in the column. I have been stuck on this for 2 hours, I cannot find a solution.

please help,

Thank you,

Ben

<?php
                         $stmt = $mysqli->prepare("SELECT * FROM $tbl_name WHERE phone_number=? AND  WHERE group_leader=?");                          /* Bind our params */                        $prefixphone = '987979879';                        $group_leader ='IS NULL';                        $stmt->bind_param('ss', $prefixphone, $group_leader);                          /* Execute it */                         $result = $stmt->execute();                         $stmt->store_result();                          if ($stmt->num_rows == 1)                        {                              echo '<div align="center" class="text-not-correct">You are a VIP member!</div>';                              /* Close statement */                             $stmt->close();                              /* Close connection */                             $mysqli->close(); ?>

Hi,

Thank you for your help, unfortunately I am still getting error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function prepare() on a non-object in /check.php on line 25

Line 25 corresponding to 

$stmt = $mysqli->prepare("SELECT * FROM $tbl_name WHERE phone_number=? AND group_leader IS NULL");

Any idea what it means please? When I remove this part of the query:

AND group_leader IS NULL

It seems that the NULL value is causing problem.

IS WORKS OK....WEIRD...

Thank you,

Ben

Hi PaulRyan,

Thank you for your help, here it is:

<?php

$prefixphone = $_POST['prefix'].$_POST['phone'];
  $stmt = $mysqli->prepare("SELECT * FROM $tbl_name WHERE phone_number=? AND group_leader IS NULL");                          /* Bind our params */                                                                        $stmt->bind_param('s', $prefixphone);                          /* Execute it */                         $result = $stmt->execute();                         $stmt->store_result();                          if ($stmt->num_rows == 1)                        {                              echo '<div align="center" class="text-not-correct">You are a top member!</div>';                              /* Close statement */                             $stmt->close();                              /* Close connection */                             $mysqli->close();                          } else {                 echo '<div align="center" class="text-not-correct">You are not a top member!</div>';                    echo '<div align="center" class="text-not-correct">This is the end</div>';                }

?>

In fact my first problem was really stupid, I did not have a connection :-)

But my second problem is that the sql command i actually invalid and returning nothing like that

SELECT * FROM vipsreg WHERE phone_number=0035679303062 AND group_leader IS NULL;

But returning the right row like this:

SELECT * FROM vipsreg WHERE phone_number=0035679303062

Unfortunately I must have the results return for the phone number field if there is a null value found in the group_leader field...;

Ok now with the connection and this it works :

$stmt = $mysqli->prepare("SELECT * FROM $tbl_name WHERE phone_number=? AND group_leader=?");

/* Bind our params */

$null = 'NULL';
        $stmt->bind_param('ss', $prefixphone ,$null);

Thanks for your help!

Ben

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.