Automated form submission to an external script question

ionicle

Hey guys, got a question and I'm not really sure about it, so I thought I'd ask.

One of the pages on my server contains an ordinary HTML form, that is designed to contact an external script for its form submission. 

If I open the page, enter the information in the fields manually, and hit "Process", the external script will, naturally, record my own IP address as a visitor.

What IP address will it record if I automate the form submission by using a server-side method, such as cURL? Does it record the server's IP address, since the server is sending an automated request to the script, or does it record the client's IP address, as usual?

Edited by ionicle

I see. What if the form contains login data for a webmail interface, it automatically gets submitted to the external script, and a login sequence is initiated?

Who will get served with the content upon a successful login - the server, making the request, or the client that is using the form page?

Edited by ionicle

The server will still receive the data back, it's up to the server/page requesting the data what it does with it.

Example:

1 - Page with auto submit form sends data via cURL to process page.

2 - Process page processes the form submission, and will return what ever output is generated.

3 - The page that submitted the form will then receive the output from the process page.

4 - You will then output the data to the end user.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.