different search url for different browsers

Energy313
Go to solution Solved by davidannis,

I’m using the following code for search:

if(isset($_POST['btnFinnBaat']))
  {
    $url = 'http://www.finn.no/finn/boat/used/result?sort=0&keyword='. urlfix2($_POST['finn']);
  }

The problem is that the website I refers to has a mobile phone website and redirects directly to this website with a different url for mobile phones.

What I need is an if code to give a second option for mobile phones with the option 2 to give right url for mobiles and tablets, without having to make a whole New website just for mobile phones.

To see the problem:
Website: dinstartside.no >> do a search with finn (blue logo) and search for "Toyota" >> use "Bil" button (Cars)

With all the PC browsers it works fine, but not with a mobile or tablet.

Anyone?

• Solution

I believe that you want to look at $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] and decide if it is a mobile browser and then return a different url if it is:

http://php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.server.php

I believe that if you are willing to depart from just using php you can use jQuery to deliver a version of the site optimized for mobile but that is beyond my pay grade and belongs in the javascript section of the forums.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.