Internet Explorer security settings & Information Bar problems

YGV2000

Hi!

I have an HTML page with some JavaScript code. The JS is a must in this page and, among other stuff, contains an ActiveX object which should be installed on the client computer with a click of a mouse on a link in this page.
Well... the problems are two:
1. If Internet Explorer security settings is set to High (meaning: JS disabled) I get nothing on this page. It just loads white blank page.
2. If the security setting is not the issue (meaning: it is less than High), the page does load fine but when I try to launch the ActiveX by clicking the earlier mentioned link, I get the IE Information Bar (A.K.A gold bar) which blocks the installation of the ActiveX.

I want to know if there is an option for me to identify, by HTML or JS, if IE security setting is set to High or if the IE Information Bar has poped-up and by that I'd be able to alert the user depending on the specific situation.

It is kind of urgent and any answer would be appreciated!!!
Thank You All Very Much!

I want to create a script that traceroutes to a an IP. The problem is, the only solution I have as of now is to use the system's traceroute program. That is fine, except that if the target IP blocks ICMP requests, traceroute (in Linux, and even tracert in Windows), do not exit immediately, but rather, attemp to go further hops.

In other words, I wanted some way to just stop the traceroute script if it encounters a firewall.

I didn't find any script that attempts a low-level implementation of traceroute. Does anyone know of such thing? If not, can someone recommend a solution?

Hi,...
In my login script, if the user logs in correctly with the right information.. I set the session variables with the code below.. And send them to the members.php...

[quote]
<?php
session_register("user");
$_SESSION['username'] = $username;
$_SESSION['password'] = $password;
//-- Rest Of Info On The User
$_SESSION['member_id'] =  $user['member_id'];
$_SESSION['email'] =  $user['email'];
$_SESSION['CL'] =  $user['CL'];
$_SESSION['banned'] =  $user['banned'];
//-- Session Variables End
echo "<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"refresh\" CONTENT=\"0; URL=members.php\">";
//Leave out the opening and closing tags, i only put them in here so the code is in colour...
?>
[/quote]

I think its silly that i have so many session vars...
Is there any way to set it in an associtave array? so like the script has the $user.. I just have to $user['db_field_name']; for the info..
How would i set it so the session saves an array so i would have to call say.. for example the username..

$_SESSION['user']['username'];

Is this possible?

Thanks Abydos

[color=red]Hi Guys [/color],
[list]
[*]
I would like to start the Step by Step Guid for LAMP Installation.
I personaly know little bit about LAMP.
[*]
[/list]

[list]
[*]But I want to request all great people to get involved in this.
[*]
[/list]
[move]
I am promissing here, I will create a good document after all the points are coverted here.[/move]

[list]
[*][b]We know there are lot of free tutorial for this issue. But getting views of experienced people is most important.[/b]

[*]
[/list]

Please help me start .....

[color=blue]Regards
Sushant [/color]

Hi. I'm having trouble dealing with scope in one of my apps.

I've written a class to handle dealing with the database, but the username, password and host data are in another file, so what I did, in index.php is include both files:

include('includes/config.php');
include('includes/classes/DBAdmin.php');

and in the constructor for DBAdmin I try to access variables in config.php but it doesn't work. I put global $username; etc. in config.php, but the DBAdmin object still can't see them.

Can an object only 'see' variables if they are inside its class?

This leads to my second problem:

I changed the constructor to include config.php directly, to get around the scope problem but I get an inclusion error.

config.php is one level up from the class file and so I use include(../config.php);

Is the path to the included file wrong, due to the fact that DBAdmin is included in index.php? Should I try include(includes/config.php instead);

Thanks in advance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.